GreenForce update on its activities in 2009
Workshop held on 20th March 2009 in Prague (CZ)
Small working group of 10 participants from CZ, UK, NL, LV, FYROM and COM discussed the basic information related project to application for the INTERREG funds. The intention of the workshop was to encourage a number of collaborative projects across the Greenforce network on forestry, nature conservation and other related topics. It is hoped to source INTERREG support to help finance this collaboration. Main weakness is prevention exercise – streamline the knowledge transfer to outside world (other authorities, public, NGOs etc.) by improving communication. Working group developed list of proposed topics and activities with a short explanation of what area of interest they might cover. Some of the topics in question might have been already addressed by Habitats or Ornis Committee. The Greenforce network will have to find out the results and enhance information flow from these two important resources, which are implementing and enforcing EU law.
Expert meeting held on 16th - 19th June 2009 in Pamplona (SP)
Spanish GreenForce members and the Navarra region in Spain organized the workshop at “Señorío de Bertiz” Natural Park, located 40 km northwards from Pamplona, in the Atlantic Valleys of Navarra’s Mountainous region. Three main areas were discussed:
1. Financing the Natura 2000 network.
2. Communication, information sharing, ways of explanation of Natura 2000 meaning and repercussions to different actors (Forest Owners, Forest Industry).
3. Implementation of Natura 2000 actions (actual status, barriers, etc.)
Three autumn Greenforce workshops have been postponed for next year:
- "Biodiversity and Natura 2000 in urban and suburban context" which should be held in Sept./Oct. in Berlin.
- UK meeting focused on the future strategic planning of Greenforce action
- NL meeting which should continue on the results of the Garderen meeting towards to common guidelines for the Greenforce Network.
Final reports from above mentioned meetings and working plan for next year 2010 are going to be discussed at the 5th Greenforce Plenary Meeting which will be held on the first half of December 2009 in Brussels.
More information about the Greenforce activities can be found on the web page of the network http://ec.europa.eu/environment/greenforce/index_en.htm